A Hearty Dish of Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings: 6 to 8 people.
This is a great meal for dinner or lunch. As far as how much chicken, sausage and vegetables to use - use how ever much you like.
Ingredients for Chicken Soup
- Chicken - use whatever part of the chicken you like best
- Chicken Sausage - I used the Trader Joe Spinach, Fontina & Roasted Garlic brand
- 32 ounce Thai Coconut Curry Broth
- 14 ounce Chicken Broth
- 1 or 2 Garlic Cloves - minced
- Potatoes - diced
- Carrots - peeled and diced
- Onion - diced
- Celery - diced
- Curly Noodles
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Directions for Cooking the Chicken & Sausage
- Use as much of the chicken and the chicken sausage as you like. We like a lot of chicken so I used quite a bit. Cut them into bite size pieces.
- Warm the vegetable oil in a large fry pan over medium heat then put the chicken in and add salt and pepper to your liking. Sear the chicken and sausage about three minutes on both sides, the time could be a little longer depending on how much chicken and sausage you're using. I cooked the chicken in the same large pot I made the soup in so I had all the flavor in the pot already from the seasonings I used on the chicken.
- When the chicken is cooked stir in the onions, carrots and celery and let cook another 3 to 5 minutes. Now stir in the garlic and cook about another minute.
- Add potatoes and the broth. Bring to a boil then turn down to a simmer and cook until the potatoes are cooked.
- While the soup is cooking, in another pot, cook the noodles. Again, use as much as you like. Drain and add to soup.