DIY Geranium Face Cream
When I infused oil with geranium plant material and it turned out as awesome as it did, I knew my next homemade creation was going to be a geranium facial cream.
I love creating simple homemade DIY recipes using essential oils, my infused oils and other ingredients that can help support healthier looking skin.
Below is the recipe and how I made it. I absolutely love this moisturizer, the way it feels on my skin and how it smells!
Geranium Facial Cream Recipe
- 1/4 cup Rose Geranium Oil (see note 1)
- 2 tablespoon Fractionated Coconut Oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Beeswax Pastilles (see note 2)
- 1 tablespoon Shea Butter
- 1/2 teaspoons Calendula Oil
- 1/2 teaspoons Rosehip Seed Oil or Argan Oil (see note 3)
- 4 drops Geranium Essential Oil
- 4 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 4 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lemongrass Essential Oil
- A link to my rose geranium infused oil is at the end of this article.
- If you live in a warmer climate and want a firmer cream use 3 tablespoons beeswax.
- Both Rosehip Seed and Argan Oils are good for your skin and absorb easily. Both are oils that help nourish and hydrate skin and can help protect against signs of aging. The rosehip seed oil has a stronger scent (which you don't get in the final product) than the argan oil, you can do your research and decide which one you'd like to use.
Making Your Facial Cream
You will need a large pan filled almost half way with water and a smaller bowl for the ingredients, one that is safe to sit in hot water.
In the small bowl add the following:
- Add the geranium oil, coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax.
- Place the small bowl in the larger pan of water, turn the burner on to medium - medium-low heat and slowly melt ingredients. Stir frequently.
- When the geranium oil, coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax are almost melted, add in the calendula and rosehip seed oils and stir.
- While this is heating, get your container(s) ready to fill. This recipe will fill just about 2- 4 ounce jars or 1 larger jar. Depends on whether or not you want to give one to someone else or keep it all to yourself. I put an old towel down (to protect the surface from any spills) then put the containers on that.
- When everything has completely melted, turn the burner off and carefully remove the small bowl from the hot water, set that on a towel or hot pad and let cool a little. Be careful not to spill, this is hot, use pot holders.
- After the mix has cooled for about 5 minutes, add the geranium, lavender, frankincense and lemongrass essential oils and stir until completely mixed.
- Pour in the containers or one large container and wait for them to harden. It will take about 2 to 3 hours before it's hardened.
Using Your Geranium Face Cream
I use this alone or I put it on first and then my other moisturizing products. I use a little makeup spatula to get the cream out so I don't get any of the oils from my fingers in the cream.
I put it on my face, neck, chest, shoulders, and I sometimes use it on my body, mostly the face and neck areas though.
You can find the recipe for my geranium infused oil HERE.
I know this is a winning recipe!
Let's us know if you've made this recipe, changed it up to make your own version or have one of your own you'd like to share.