Creating Scrapbook Pages of Treasured Moments
Making memories with scrapbooking can be so much fun and a great way to preserve family photos and memories.
I love taking pictures and when they're of the family, they can fill our lives with happiness and laughter and creating a scrapbook is a special way of looking back on those treasured moments.
What Can be Used in Your Scrapbook?
Scrapbooking is a creative hobby. When you create a scrapbook, it's really just a decorated photo album/journal to preserve photos, memorabilia, letters and the like.
You can create a scrapbook for your children showing them their great grandparents when they were young and as they aged, their parents when they were young and as they aged, their siblings, the pets, themselves when they were born, hospital documentation, announcements, etc.
You can create scrapbooks for each family member, family vacations, your animals - whatever you want. Scrapbooks can also be various sizes and vary in design. It's really limitless as to what you can do, take your imagination and run with it.
I know there are so many of us now who have smart phones or tablets that simply use an app to create something memorable and special, I use these apps too, but there is something special about holding a book and turning a page and seeing whats next.
Is Scrapbooking a Monumental Task?
Nah, it may seem like it but it really isn't. All you need are some basic supplies and you're ideas. Some of the things to have are:
- Scrapbook or you can make your own and page protectors. There are many examples on the internet.
- Paper in various colors, designs, patterns that compliment each other.
- Scissors. There are even scissors with decorative edges that are fun to use.
- Acid free adhesives. There are so many different kinds of adhesives, dots, wheel dispensers, just make sure they are safe for your photos.
- Embellishments. You can find these in just about any design, occasion, florals, etc. You name it and you can probably find it.
- Colored pens and pencils.
These are just some of the basics. There are machines and tools out there for you to get really creative. I know, I've got a craft store in my craft room. It can get addicting.
I would suggest you start small so you don't get overwhelmed. Once you've figured it all out you'll have a lot of fun giving a scrapbook for gifts, making a scrap book and giving it to someone else for them to fill with photos, and just creating them full of family memories.