Healthy Spinach, Kale and Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
This is my own take on a recipe from the 10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse, which in my opinion, all the drinks in the book are great but this was one of my favorites but for me I wanted it just a little more for my liking. I did the cleanse and I'm hooked on the many healthy smoothie options you can make.
I have a VitaMix which makes this into a nice thick, smooth and creamy delicious drink. It's so nice to be able to add most ingredients without having to chop so much. The Ninja and Cuisinart Blenders will work just as well and other similar type blenders.
If you have a regular blender you should be able to get a smooth drink if you chop the ingredients into small pieces then add and mix, add a little more and mix and use the Pulse button first to break up the ingredients before moving on to different speeds.
Ingredients for Smoothie
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Kale, packed good
- 2 Cups Spinach, packed good
- 1 1/2 Cups Pineapple, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 Cups Peaches, frozen
- 2 Bananas, peeled
- 2 Packets of Stevia Sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed, ground (optional)
- 1 Scoop Plant Based Protein Powder (optional, I get mine at Costco)
- Add the water to the blender and follow with the kale, spinach and pineapple then blend until mixed.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix until everything is nice and creamy.
- After everything has been mixed and if you want your drink just a little thinner, add in 1/4 cup (or less) more water and completely mix.
Fill your glass and put the rest in a container. It will make enough for two large drinks throughout the day (at least for me) or for you and someone else or three smaller drinks throughout the day.
You can have this drink with an egg for breakfast, as a lunchtime drink, you can drink two large drinks for breakfast and lunch and eat a meal for dinner - however you want to work it for your day.
With the VitaMix, after turning it on and letting it mix for just a second, I turn it to high and keep it on 1 until blended.